The Future of Travel Update 10.9.2020
Mark is the founder of Nomad Stays and comes to you live every week to share his view of “The future of travel” from the top of the Rhone-Alps.
Mark Phillips is a businessman first and foremost and Chartered Accountant so he keeps a very close eye on the what’s happening around the world, you can follow Mark on Twitter where he is very active. He also runs a Telegram group for our Stays.
What is covered in this chat 10.09.20
- Coworking Spaces moving into business incubation
- Hotels moving into Coworking Spaces
- Infection rate growing in places like FranceHuge testing regime (1m per week) helping strong tracking
- The expectation of specific restrictions, not blanket restrictions. Eg mountains and forests
- Probably not the 2nd time according to some government officials we were talking with yesterday
- COVID Apps largely failed according to review – max of 20% of the population using them in good countries
- Airline tickets super cheap e.g GBP21 Corfu from London, US$30 in Asia, Singapore open for transit
- Fallout in the travel industry continues. Marriott group laying off 17% of head office people, 72% occupancy in the mountains here
- Costa Rica re-opening with WTTC Safe Travel Stamp
- Brazil open with travel insurance
- Lots still hard closed
- New Zealand
- Business travel still dead -big focus on Vacations
- Chicago bans on Airbnb single night stays
- 70% of restaurants may close permanently
He goes into some level of detail but most of ” future of travel” live chats only go for 15-20 mins. They are full of very relevant up to date information about travel and what is happening with innovation around travel.
Where to Next?
See what countries our Nomad Stays are active. We have hand-picked stays that suit the longer staying digital nomad with a minimum stay of one week.
We focus on locations for adventure sports and strong digital nomad community, and good wifi but as you know we never rely on someone else’s wifi we always have our own options. We are building a community of nomads for you to hang out, and connect with other adventurous nomads and stay connected with where you can go next.
If you want and on line Coworking, while you travel we have our Virtual Coworking as well with plenty of events each week for the entrepreneur building a business while travelling. If you’re looking for a team of global mentors to help you grow you can join the Sandtracks CLUB for only $97 USD a quarter, group mentoring for less than $32 a month. We have it all.